Pop, Rock and R&B Artists
Lori Fredrics is amongst the very few elite bel canto based singing teachers with extensive knowledge and experience with non classical styles, an understanding of speech-level technique.
Instruction available for professional performers working in the commercial music industry as well as singers aspiring to work as professional singers and amateur singers who are serious about developing high level skills.
• The greatest care is taken to work with Pop, Rock and R&B singers to achieve their goals and to improve the functioning and health of the voice while preserving its unique character.
• Intensive musicianship instruction including aural skill development through the study of intervals, scales, modes, chords as well as sight singing instruction designed to increase the employability in the music industry.
• Instruction in basic singing technique as well as the development of a personalized vocal warm up routine for each singer.
• Specialized vocal rehabilitation programs for singers with damaged voices.
• Customized programs geared toward prevention of voice damage through assessment of present condition of the vocal apparatus and level efficiency of present technique.
• Implementation of a vocal health program for professional or aspiring professional voice users.
• Instruction in stage presence and microphone technique.
• Assistance with preparation for recording sessions and in-session coaching support
• Preparation for the technical exercises, General Musicianship Questions, Aural Tests and Performance Pieces for the Rock School exams.
• Preparation for singing contest auditions.
Lori Fredrics, who holds a Bachelor of Music in Music Management from William Paterson University, is knowledgeable and experienced in many aspects of the music industry. In addition to having studio and live performing experience, Ms. Fredrics has worked as an artist manager, in recording studios and with award-winning music production companies.
Former students and artists managed by Ms. Fredrics have have performed with Hall and Oates, Frank Zappa and Bruce Springsteen, and have appeared on NBC Late Night with Conan O'Brien. When Ms. Fredrics taught Music Business at Kingston University in 2004, she invited legendary drummer, Bill Bruford for a special lecture on the subject of "Touring in Live Venues".
Lori is an experienced songwriter and arranger, and has performed with a number of professional bands on both rhythm guitar and electric bass.
Photo by Ronny Mills